Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: I'll be honest...

  1. #1
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    I'll be honest...

    I just about left the board--I honestly had a PM typed up to Rock, stepping down as a Mod and asking to be removed from the membership--but I didn't send it.

    I wasn't pleased with the set-up, losing all the utilities we lost through the move, members not coming back, and so on. I'm glad to say that I may not be on here as much as I used to be on the old set-up, but I'm gonna be around. While there's some posters I still don't really like (and I'm sure the feeling's mutual sometimes), I enjoy the sense of community on here.

    Hope all of you are well, and look forward to many conversations with all of you. As I've told all of you in the past, even those I have butted heads with--if there's anything I can do to improve your experience on here as a Mod, let me know.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member bballgal42's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 25th, 2008
    Posts
    70
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I'll be honest...

    I know that I have not been on the board as long as some, and I am not fond of this set up (would someone tell me how to use private message), but I still enjoy the board in general. And I hate to see those go that have worked very hard to make the board what it is. In time, I think things will pick back up, just seems this time of year, everyone is constantly running from one thing to another and it is hard to find time to post.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I'll be honest...

    i visit and post very seldomly anymore..i know its not rocks or anyone elses fault, but the lack of good posters is what makes me saty away from this place anymore

  4. #4
    Inactive Member SkoalSpitter's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 20th, 2009
    Posts
    242
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I'll be honest...

    This forum setup sucks. Pages load slow as hell.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I'll be honest...

    if there were more people itd be more entertaining, im still around somewhat, i like the arcade haha

  6. #6
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I'll be honest...

    Quote Originally Posted by SkoalSpitter View Post
    This forum setup sucks. Pages load slow as hell.
    I had to switch browser's because IE wouldn't work for me here. It took 20 seconds for me from the time I clicked on a thread till it opened and I was able to read anything.

    Yeah, lack of people is one thing that has hurt and ...................well, that's all.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  7. #7
    Site Administrator Team Hostboard's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 5th, 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    997,453
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

    Lightbulb Re: I'll be honest...

    Porting from one platform to another was extremely difficult and took much longer then anticipated trying to duplicate/surpass the previous Hostboard system (I know you were not apart of the original system) which we did accomplish. I had numerous emails with Freddy and he is well aware of what we are doing though as admitted it is taking longer then we initially thought and for that I apologize.

    Now that we have version 1 of the HBCP behind us we will be concentrating on many new features that are on the laundry list (multiple pages worth). Many of them deal directly with this forum and are taking a higher priority in getting them implemented.

    As for speed I am not sure why anyone would have a problem. We are on a server that is literaly 4x more powerful and has tons more bandwidth then anything we ever run on before. The server was tested and is capable of sustaining 8,000 concurrent users. The admin pages run a debug page that shows every: Template, Included File, Phrase Group, Hooks. It also included memory usage, database queries and the all important page generation time. In other words we are watching the system like hawks for any sign of a problem and login many many times a day. I login from the east coast and Adam our developer from the west coast.

    Some page load time taken directly from the debug information screen:

    Home page: Page Generation 0.37444 seconds

    Click on Communities: Page Generation 0.29652 seconds

    Click on LPD Forums: Page Generation 0.31898 seconds

    Click on this forum: Page Generation 0.38754 seconds

    Of course if there are issues and they are not reported to the Help Desk then chances are slim that either of us will see them unless we stumble upon the post like I did this one and offer assistance.
    Please do not PM or e-mail me for support.
    The fastest way to get support is through our Help Desk

  8. #8
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I'll be honest...

    The only thing I don't really like about this "new" forum is the limited forums. We had all our other forums (Old Timers, Men's, Political, Religion, etc) and that kept some of the ridiculous garbage off the main parts of the forum. I hate sifting thru all the political crap to read some of the other stuff. I normally posted on the Old Timers part because I knew most of the people there and didn't want to kill them when they posted.

    I know it is a dead part of the year for our forum but geez, we have lost a ton of users that normally posted.

    Once Football picks back up I bet things will liven up but that is still few months away. But just to show you how slow it is or lack of users, how many times would we have a thread about Who was gonna win the LPD in Football? all the way in March, April, May. You would have at least one of those a week.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I'll be honest...

    I think there will be a gradual but steady rise in the number of posters, both old and new.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 27th, 1999
    Posts
    1,019
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I'll be honest...

    Quote Originally Posted by Gotch View Post
    I think there will be a gradual but steady rise in the number of posters, both old and new.

    You are most likley right this time of year has traditionaly been slow on the board there will be an uptick in July and we will be runover with folks by the end of August (or at least that is the patteran over the last 10-12 years (damn hard to belive how time flys)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •